Post-Decree Divorce
An innovative firm in Joliet with old-fashioned values...

Will County Post-Decree Divorce Attorney

After a divorce has been finalized and a marriage has been dissolved, people will naturally continue to live their lives. Over time, though, major life changes and other events can cause the need for legal adjustments to the original divorce decree. Loss of employment, medical issues and drastic behavioral changes of one or both parents can often nullify standing orders for primary parental responsibilities, parenting time/visitation rights, spousal support and child support. Further, parenting issues such as religious choices, schooling decisions and child travel restrictions can come into play after a divorce as well.

Working With You To Craft a Solution

Erin Webster O'Brien, P.C. has represented countless clients in matters of post-decree divorce agreements. Ms. O'Brien knows that your life is in a constant state of motion and is skilled at determining solutions to all types of traditional and non-traditional family law matters.

For instance, if your ex-spouse has violated a prior court order (i.e. not showing up for parenting time, not paying child support, endangering your child’s safety, etc.), you may need to amend your initial decree in order to reduce visitation rights, re-calculate support or change some part of the original order. Additionally, Ms. O'Brien can also assist you if you simply want to take legal action to enforce the original court order.

Avoid Common Pitfalls
Sometimes, people will try to use online programs or computer software to amend divorce decrees themselves, particularly for seemingly straightforward changes like remarriage. However, state laws in Illinois are very strict when it comes to filing this type of paperwork and you can sometimes do more harm than good by trying to do it yourself. Even the simplest mistakes can land you back in court. This can lead to delays in child support and maintenance payments, as well as taking up precious time and money.

Instead, let attorney Erin O'Brien handle your post-decree divorce matters. Call today at 815-727-2100 or send an email to set up a consultation. She represents clients throughout Will County in all family law matters.

Serving clients in the Will County area including the communities of Beecher, Braidwood, Crest Hill, Lakewood Shores, Lockport, Manhattan, Monee, Shorewood, Steger, University Park, Godley, Channahon, Wilmington, Diamond, Joliet, Plainfield, Minooka, Mokena, Frankfort, New Lenox, Romeoville, and Bolingbrook.
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois Will County Bar Association Rotary Club of Joliet Better Business Bureau

Notice: Undefined variable: body_class in /home/ocvsgclo/public_html/ on line 285